STEM Ed Announcement: Game-like genetics software course

This is not a UMass Amherst program.

 Dear teacher,

 We invite you to join us this January, 2015 for an interactive online course
 that will guide you through the process of using our free, game-like
 genetics software and support materials with your students. Geniverse
 engages students with a compelling narrative introduction, offers multiple
 levels of interactive challenges, and includes the practice of scientific
 argumentation.

 Geniverse 101 is open to both high school and middle school teachers and
 will span approximately three weeks, beginning January 9th and ending on
 January 25th. The course requires approximately 25 hours of work and will
 contain asynchronous components as well as one or two synchronous sessions.

 Your participation requires access to a reliable computer, internet
 connection, and the Google Chrome browser. Please note that Geniverse does
 not currently run on iPads or other touch-screen tablets; however, a
 tablet-friendly version is planned for a later release.

 The best part?  Geniverse 101 is a free course and the Geniverse software is
 also free! Space is limited to 100 teachers--applications are now being
 accepted. The deadline for applications is December 8, 2014.  Notification
 of acceptance will be sent by email on December 15, 2014.

 For more information about the Geniverse project, please visit our teacher
 resource website, Geniversity http://geniverse.concord.org/geniversity/

 If you would like to learn how to run our online game-like genetics
 software, support students as they engage in the practices of science, and
 facilitate authentic scientific argumentation, please submit an application
 at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/gvwinter2015  today!

 Thank you!

 The Geniverse Team