[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
STEM Ed Announcement: Courses for teachers at Waquoit Bay Reserve
- To: xxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: STEM Ed Announcement: Courses for teachers at Waquoit Bay Reserve
- From: Morton Sternheim <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 15:34:04 -0400
Water from Cloud to Coast
Tuesday April 21 and Wednesday April 22 9:00 - 3:00
1 graduate credit or 22.5 PDPs
Best for teachers in grades 5 - 9
This course will introduce teachers to information and classroom activities about fresh water, salt water, and water quality in Massachusetts and along our coast. The course will include content information, lesson ideas, and field studies as well as a site visit to a treatment plant. Model lessons will integrate science content, math applications, recent research results.
Optional graduate credit is available from Framingham State College for $65.00 per credit. The course are offered without charge, and donations will be accepted.
Register at http://www.waquoitbayreserve.org/
Teachers on the Estuary
A National Estuarine Research Reserve System program
Field and research-based professional development integrating content,
methods, and activities on
Watersheds and Estuaries
Waquoit Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve, Falmouth, MA
Wednesday July 8 - Friday July 10, plus half day Nov. 21 , 2009
* Designed for teachers of grades 9-12, others welcome to apply
* Aligned with state and national frameworks.
* Work with local scientists and experienced coastal educators.
* Explore coastal habitats and carry out field studies.
* Learn how to use real data and guide student investigations.
* Try out Estuaries 101, a new, web-based curriculum.
2 graduate credits available from Framingham College for $130
Workshop is free and application is required.*
Lodging and food will be provided
Participants will receive $200 mini-grant for stewardship project,
$150 worth of equipment, and a $100 stipend upon successful completion
*Applications are due April 30, 2009. More information and application
are available at: http://www.waquoitbayreserve.org/ and
Teachers on the Estuary will also be offered at
Narragansett Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve,
Prudence Island, RI
July 27- 30, plus half day October 24, 2009
Check for details at: http://www.nbnerr.org/