[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
STEM Ed Announcement: NE LRIG Teacher Fellowship
- To: xxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: STEM Ed Announcement: NE LRIG Teacher Fellowship
- From: Morton Sternheim <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 15:08:18 -0500
NE LRIG Teacher Fellowship
The New England Chapter of LRIG will award up to $2,000 each in 2010 to
those science teachers in public schools throughout New England who best
meet the criteria below. The objective of this grant is to provide funds
to expand project based activities during their laboratory periods. We
believe hands on activities will increase enthusiasm among students and
demonstrate the fun side of learning science. If you know of teachers
(maybe your kids') who would benefit from this award please pass along
Each candidate is required to submit a proposal which includes:
* A lesson plan highlighting the goals and objectives which focuses
on what the students will do to acquire further knowledge and skills in
the particular area or concept. Special consideration will be given to
those teachers who incorporate automation concepts in their plan.
* A description of the main lab activity.
* A list of needed materials with cost.
* An assessment criterion which will provide evidence that the
students have arrived at the intended destination.
Applications to be submitted by January 15th, 2010 to:
c/o Marsha Paul: