STEM Ed Announcement: Genes in Space

This is not a UMass Amherst program.

 I am reaching out to inform you that submissions for the Genes in Space
 competition are now open.  This national science contest offers a
 unique opportunity for students in grades 7 through 12 to design a DNA
 experiment for space.  Last year's winner, Anna-Sophia Boguraev, is
 evaluating the impact of space travel on the human immune system.  Her
 experiment is scheduled for launch in early 2016!  We invite your
 students to explore the many opportunities and challenges of space
 exploration.  This free contest offers fantastic awards, including:

 For five Finalists:

 - Receive mentoring from Harvard and MIT PhD scientists to refine their
 - experiment
 - Win travel awards to 2016 International Space Station R&D Conference
 - in San Diego

 - Be awarded miniPCR equipment for their schools

 For National Winner:

 - Attend Space Biology Camp at New England Biolabs

 - Have their DNA experiment performed aboard the ISS!

 - Be invited to witness rocket launch

 Genes in Space is now in its second year and it is a partnership
 between miniPCR, Boeing, Math for America, CASIS, and New England
 Biolabs. The contest is free, and does not require equipment.
 Proposals will be judged solely on their creative and scientific merit.

 We welcome you to share this opportunity in your newsletter
 (description below)

 Sincerely,

 Mugdha Narasimhan

 Director, Genes in Space

 Genes in Space description for Newsletter

 Design and Launch your DNA Experiment to Space!

 We invite students in grades 7 through 12 to design DNA experiments for
 space.  Become a space DNA pioneer and help solve real-life space
 exploration opportunities and challenges. Five finalist teams will
 receive mentoring from Harvard and MIT PhD scientists, present at the
 2016 International Space Station R&D Conference, and receive miniPCR
 DNA Discovery Systems for their education institutions. Winners will
 attend Space Biology Camp at New England Biolabs and --- send their DNA
 experiment to space!  Submission deadline April 20th 2016.

 Teachers - turn contest submissions into a class assignment

 	http://genesinspace.org/Genes-in-Space_Classroom_Assignment.pdf

 that's aligned with standards. www.genesinspace.org#GenesInSpace

 Genes in Space is a partnership between miniPCR, Boeing, Math for

 --

 Mugdha Narasimhan
 Genes In Space - Your DNA experiment in space.  Submissions open!

 mugdha@minipcr.com
 p. (781) 864-0639
 twitter | facebook | MassChallenge | LinkedIn | Kickstarter

 ?