[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
STEM Ed Announcement: Topics in Oceanography Workshop
- To: xxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: STEM Ed Announcement: Topics in Oceanography Workshop
- From: "Mort Sternheim" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 21:34:27 -0400
This is not a STEM Workshop
Contact Information is below
Topics in Oceanography
Professional Development Workshops for Educators
Monday, July 25, 2011,Â 9:30am-3pm, at the
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Woods Hole, MA
â??HabCam: using advanced imaging technology to study New England seafloor
ecologyâ?? An opportunity to participate in current and ongoing
- Scott Gallager and Amber York, Biology Department, Woods Hole
- Â Karen Bolles, Arnie's Fisheries
- See the HabCam (habitat camera) and computer technology that are
providing scientists with current information about the New England
coastal ocean floor and how this ecosystem is changing over time.
- Find out how citizens and classrooms can participate in an exciting
scientific image analysis project, and learn how to get started. Become
familiar with the HabCam web site and how to use it with your class.
- Participants will have hands-on individual instruction in how to use
and analyze images collected over time of seafloor organisms,
biodiversity, and invasive species, and find out how to carry the
project forward into the school year.
Registration: $50, breakfast and lunch included. Please include your
contact information, so we can send directions to the workshop site.
Â Â Â
Checks payable to WHOI; no purchase orders.
Mail to: Kathy Patterson, WHOI, MS # 16, Woods Hole, MA 02543.
Contact: Kathy Patterson, email@example.com, 508-289-2700, or
Kate Madin, firstname.lastname@example.org, 508-289-3639
Subscribe to the STEM Ed. RSS feed at: