STEM Ed Announcement: Introduction to Ocean Science

This is not a UMass program
 Contact information is below.
 ==================================

 We still have a few spaces left in our February Vacation Workshops!

 Introduction to Ocean Science

 Dates: Tuesday - Thursday, February 19-21, 2013

 Time: 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.

 Cost: $50 per session or $120 for all three sessions

 For: Educators, grades 3  8 (others also welcome)

 Credit:  12 PDPs or 1 graduate credit from Cambridge College (for an
 additional cost of $50; must attend all three sessions to receive
 graduate credit)

 During this three-part series, we will explore essential scientific
 concepts in the important context of ocean science through engaging
 investigations. Participants will walk away with knowledge about the
 ocean, its inhabitants and its interaction with humans as well as
 with activities and resources to use in their classrooms!

 Topic Agenda

 Day 1: Physical Properties of the Ocean

 Day 2: Life in the Ocean

 Day 3: Human and Ocean Interaction

 A Closer Look: Integrating Science and Literacy through Observation