STEM Ed Announcement: Computer Science Teachers Conference

This is not a UMass Amherst program
 Contact information is below.
 ==================================

 Computer Science Teachers Association Conference
 July 15th & 16th, Boston Marriott Quincy, MA

 We would like to make you aware of this summer's highlight, our
 National CSTA Annual Conference below.

 We are really looking forward to seeing as many members as possible
 at the CSTA Conference that will be held in Quincy, MA.  We have an
 outstanding array of national speakers, sessions and workshops. Our
 keynote speakers, Hadi Patrovi and Selena Deckelmann will inspire all
 of our attendees sharing their incredible accomplishments.

 The price for the conference is $60.00 and workshops are 60.00 a
 piece or 2 for $100.00.  To register visit:

 https://www.softconf.com/d/csta2013/

 As the co-founder of Code.org, Hadi Patrovis vision is to fill the
 world with computer programmers. Code.org is an education non-profit
 dedicated to growing computer programming education. Hadi grew up in
 Iran under the Khomeini regime, including through the Iran-Iraq war,
 and went on to study Computer Science at Harvard, paying his own way
 through by working as a section leader teaching CS to underclassmen.
 After working at Microsoft (twice!), he went on to co-found Tellme
 and iLike. As an angel investor/advisor, Hadi has been involved in
 the early stages of many giants like Facebook, Dropbox, and Zappos.

 Selena Deckelmann is a woman who knows what it is like to be a woman
 in high tech. She is a major contributor to
 (PostgreSQL)[http://postgresql.org] and a data architect at
 (Mozilla)[http://mozilla.org], makers of the Firefox web browser.
 Selena has been involved with free and open source software since
 1995 and began running conferences for PostgreSQL in 2007. In 2012,
 she founded PyLadiesPDX, a Portland chapter of
 (PyLadies)[http://pyladies.org]. She speaks internationally about
 open source, databases and community. She is an advisor to the Ada
 Initiative, an organization dedicated to increasing the participation
 of women in open source and technology communities.

 Sincerely,

 Kelly Powers, co-President CSTA Greater Boston