STEM Ed Announcement: After School Teaching Positions

This is not a UMass position.
 Contact information is below.
 ===========================

 Fall After School Teaching Positions

 The Urban Scholars Program at UMASS Boston is hiring instructors to
 teach during our Academic Year. This consists of 2 12-week semesters:
 Fall - 9/24-12/12 and Spring 1/28-5/1.Teachers may apply to teach only
 one or both semesters. Classes are held Tuesdays and Thursdays from
 3:30-5:30.

 We are a college prep and access program for academically talented,
 low-income and/or first-generation BPS students in grades 7-12. Our
 mission is to create engaging and meaningful academic and enrichment
 experiences that help our students develop the habits of mind,
 academic skills, and character traits that will be instrumental in
 college admission and success.

 This a great opportunity for educators to teach a subject they love
 and recent graduates to gain invaluable experience in curriculum
 design and instruction. Our classes are project-based and designed to
 challenge students to think creatively and critically, effectively
 collaborate, and develop insights into career and college paths.

 We are looking for STEM candidates in particular but will review all
 proposals.

 Please view our full job post at Idealist.org for application
 information and more:

 http://www.idealist.org/view/job/SwPW6kZ568jd/

 Please contact Kevin Dean at
 urbanscholars@umb.edu<mailto:urbanscholars@umb.edu> with any
 questions, concerns, or application materials.

 Assistant Director
 Urban Scholars Program - UMASS Boston
 100 Morrissey Boulevard
 Boston, MA 02125-3393