STEM Ed Announcement: PTC STEM Certificate Program

This is not a UMass program.

 Engineering and STEM/STEAM teacher professional development:
 registration for the Winter 2015 cohort of the PTC STEM Certificate
 Program is live. Classes start January 13th. The program provides a
 unique perspective for teachers to develop new content knowledge and
 practices in STEM/STEAM disciplines, especially engineering. We blend
 industry strategies with research-based educational practices to
 support teacher development of curriculum materials, assessments, and
 student activities that are project-based and linked to curriculum
 frameworks. The program mixes face-to-face instruction with online
 webinars to support teachers schedules and collaborative learning.

 Highlights:

         Learn about STEM/STEAM teaching practices, technology
 	integration, and curriculum development.

         Instructional team consisting of industry professionals,
 	education experts, and K-12 teacher-leaders.

         Graduate level program ($75/credit, total of 5 credits).

         $510 fee for 6 months of training and support.

         15 class sessions. 5 are face-to-face, the other ten classes
 	are online.

 This will be our 6th cohort; to date we have trained 134 elementary,
 middle and high school educators. You can learn more about the program
 at our website:
 http://www.stemcertificate.org/join/massachusetts_stem_certificate_program
 If you have any questions, please reach out to me. I am happy to share
 any details you would like to know: aberry@ptc.com

 Best,

 Ayora