STEM Ed Announcement: Adafruit Holiday Workshop

This is a UMass Amherst program.

 Adafruit Holiday Workshop

 Saturday, December 13th
 10 am - 3 pm (pizza provided for lunch)
 Amherst Media at 246 College St., Amherst, MA.

 This event is open to all skill levels. You will learn the basics of
 soldering and programming while making a project to take home to keep
 or give away as a gift. We are asking participants to pay a fee to
 cover the cost of materials, but scholarships are available. Since
 soldering will be required, we will need parent permission.

 Choose a Project!
 1.	Gemma Pendant - $30
 The pendant is small - about 1-inch square. We can program it to
 display a variety of images, such as a heart, smiley face, etc.

 2.	Gemma Hoop Pendant or Iron Man Arc Reactor - $30
 We can use the same technology as the earrings to make a necklace or
 an "Iron Man Arc Reactor" at about half the cost.

 3.	Gemma Hoop Earrings - $55
 Create a pair of earrings for the holidays that light up to add a fun
 touch.

 4.	NeoPixel Bracelet - $70
 Loop four of the neo-pixel rings together to make a really fun
 bracelet. This option costs more because we need four rings (but only
 one battery supply).

 How do I register?
 Go to http://amherstmedia.org/content/adafruit-holiday-workshop to
 register. There is a fee to participate based on the project you
 select, to cover the cost of materials, but fee waivers will be available for
 those who need them to participate. Deadline to register: Sunday,
 December 7th.

 Note: This event is a collaboration between faculty associated with
 UMass Amherst and Amherst Media