STEM Ed Announcement: Project GUTS Teacher Workshop

This is not a UMass Amherst program.

 Growing Up Thinking Scientifically
 Project GUTS Teacher Workshop
 February 16, 17, 18 2015   8:00 AM - 3:30 PM

 Waltham, MA

 Join our Middle School and High School Science, Technology,
 Engineering and Math teachers participating in a Face-to-Face
 workshop February 16, 2015 through February 18, 2015. Irene Lee,
 national educator, curriculum creator and NSF Principal Investigator
 will be facilitating our workshop! Project GUTS' is geared towards
 teachers that want to use computer modeling and simulation in their
 Science classroom. This class will feature learning the tool
 (StarLogo Nova), learning computer science concepts through computer
 modeling, and teachers will leave with a lesson planned to introduce
 concepts learned throughout the workshop.

 Register for GUTS Today ! : http://tinyurl.com/kqtgd2s
 For more information contact Kelly Powers, MassCAN Project Director,
 kpowers@edc.org

 Fifty-two PDP points will be awarded to teachers who complete the
 entire course, 6 face-to-face days, 3 in February 1 day per month in
 March, April and June and 12 online hours. Teachers will be paid a
 stipend for their participation and implementation.