STEM Ed Announcement: Changes in the Natural World: Phenology and Citizen Science

This is not a UMass program.

 Changes in the Natural World: Phenology and Citizen Science
 Monthly Sundays, 1:30-4:30 pm
 (some class times may vary depending on topics)

 Members $250 / Non-members $275

 Are you are interested in changes in the natural world as we face the
 uncertainties of the changing climate and available habitat? Do you
 want to make focused observations of specific phenomena in nature?
 Please join us for this monthly class at the Hitchcock Center. Each
 meeting will combine educational natural history walks with exploration
 of specific, seasonally appropriate, citizen science projects. Some
 examples of featured projects are the Backyard Bird Count, Project
 Budburst, Salamander Mass Egg Count, and Monarch Watch. Participants
 will be supported to take an active part in projects of their own
 choosing, and will be expected to spend 3-5 hours each month on these
 projects outside of class. During classes and on a group blog we.ll
 share what we find, our perceptions of the changing natural world, and
 the purposes and limits of the citizen science approaches we explore.
 Please inquire if interested in graduate credit. To register please
 call 413-256-6006. Must pay in full to register. Non-refundable within
 a week of the program. All refunds incur 10% administrative fee.

 Contact Ted Watt for more information ted@hitchcockcenter.org