PV STEMNet Announcement: Building Diversity in STEM II

This is a PVSTENet update
 ======================================
 See more news and events as www.pvstem.net.
 Like us at www.facebook.com/pvstemnet
 ======================================

 YOU ARE CORDIALLY INVITED TO:

 Building Diversity in STEM II

 Second Forum in a Series on Increasing Diversity in STEM.Roundtables for
 Networking on Solutions

 Join us for a follow up discussion on building diversity in STEM.
 Participate in Roundtable discussions and generate momentum for solutions
 in the valley

 WHEN:February 4, 2015
 TIME: 4:00  - 5:30 PM
 WHERE: UMass Downtown Springfield Center

 Format for the Roundtable
 Following a short presentation by our keynote speaker, participants will
 join roundtable discussions based on interest or affinity groups such as
 higher education, K-12 education, out of school time programming and the
 business and non-profit pipeline.

 Keynote Speaker:
 Dr. Patricia DiBartolo,  Smith College

 Roundtables Chaired by:
 Marla Solomon, Five Colleges, Inc.
 Sarah Dunton, Girls Inc.
 Dawn Creighton, AIM

 Increasing diversity in STEM is gaining national attention. See these two
 articles appearing recently in the Washington Post:

 http://tablet.washingtonpost.com/biz/is-intels-diversity-goal-really-that-bold/2015/01/12/b281fcf6b26b65ec46e5901470783eaf_story.html?tid=kindle-app

 http://tablet.washingtonpost.com/culture/men-on-the-internet-dont-believe-sexism-is-a-problem-in-science/2015/01/12/4b1c78ee576e4b56adb92b042db823fb_story.html?tid=kindle-app

 RSVP: Marie Silver, msilver@umassk12.net (413)545-0734

 Directions to the UMass Springfield Center:

 -From the North: Take Interstate 91 South to Exit 7 (Columbus Avenue). At
 stop light take a left to go under the I-91 overpass. You will be at
 another stop light. Stay in the left lane. Tower Square will be directly
 in front of you on the left corner. Turn left at the light. You may enter
 the Tower Square parking garage via the ramp on your right.

 -From the South: Traveling North from Hartford take I-91, then follow
 Exit 6 and continue North on Columbus Avenue. Go through two sets of lights
 and the entrance to the Tower Square parking garage ramp will be just across
 Boland Way on the right hand corner.

 --
 Marie Silver
 Program Manager