STEM Ed Announcement: Maker Technologies and the Internet of Things

This is a UMass Amherst program.

 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
 From: Steven D. Brewer <sbrewer@bio.umass.edu>
 Date: Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 11:56 AM
 Subject: [M@AM] Maker Technologies and the Internet of Things

 I'm offering a summer class for high school students through the UMass
 pre-college program called Maker Technologies and the Internet of Things:

 The Maker movement supports people using technology to create objects,
 rather than merely consume products created by others. We are moving
 toward a world in which most things will have an embedded computer that
 participates in a network with the other objects around it. In this
 camp, students will make prototypes, using small computers and simple
 electronics, to explore the culture of making and programming of objects
 that can collect, exchange, and react to data -- and participate in the
 Internet of Things.

 Here's the URL: http://www.umass.edu/summer/precollege.html#makerPanel

 If you know people who might be interested, please spread the word.