PV STEMNet Announcement: SciTech Cafe: Dark Matter

This is a PVSTENet update
 ======================================
 See more news and events as www.pvstem.net.
 Like us at www.facebook.com/pvstemnet
 ======================================

 So you think we understand the universe?  Think again!  We are still
 trying to shed light on what it is made of.  Join us as Gary Felder,
 Professor of Physics at Smith College, takes us to the darker side of
 physics.  If you caught his presentation on the Higgs Boson two years
 ago, you know you're in for a treat!

 Please help us advertise (and please come!), forwarding the
 announcement below to any who may be interested.   All are very much
 welcome (kids, college students, your parents).  You'll learn something
 if you come.  And you might win a prize!  Please check out our website
 with videos of some past events, MailScanner has detected a possible
 fraud attempt from "www.scitechcafe.org" claiming to be
 www.scitechcafe.org  and like us on Facebook! .

 Hope to see you there!
 Kathy

 SciTech Cafe is pleased to present the monthly discussion series: A
 scientist walks into a bar...     to shed light on dark matter.

 Monday, February 23rd
 6pm
 Amherst Brewing Company

 Dark Matter and Energy: We Really Don't Know What Most of the Universe
 is Made of

 *What is the universe made of, and how do we know?
 *What do we mean by dark matter and dark energy and whats the
 * difference between them?
 *What are we doing to try to figure out what these are actually made
 * of?

 Professor Gary Felder of the Physics Department at Smith College will
 share with us his exploration of the dark side...of matter and energy
 that is.

 Please bring a friend and join us as we enjoy light appetizers, lively
 conversations, prizes and brilliant minds. This is an inclusive,
 family-friendly event and people of all walks of life are invited.

 Admission is FREE!

 Upcoming Events:

 March 23rd: "Why Aren't More Women in Science?" with Professor
 Katherine Aidala, Mount Holyoke College

 April 27th: "Optoelectronics and Diamond" with Professor Marko Loncar,
 Harvard University

 June 8th:  "Building a net zero, passive, tiny house in Amherst" with
 Professor Alexi Arango, Mount Holyoke College