STEM Ed Announcement: SciTech Cafe, April 27: When Light Meets Diamond

This is a UMass Amherst program.

 SciTech Cafe, April 27: When Light Meets Diamond

 SciTech Cafe is pleased to present the monthly discussion series: A
 scientist walks into a bar...and gives you 100 carats of diamond!

 Monday, April 27th
 6pm
 Amherst Brewing Company

 Diamonds are an Engineer's Best Friend

 How can diamonds be used for computers?
 How can we store information in diamonds?
 Can we use light instead of current for computing?
 Why are diamonds special?

 Marko Loncar is the Tiantsai Lin Professor of Electrical Engineering at
 Harvards School of Engineering and Applied Sciences where he studies
 diamonds and the exciting new ways we can use them.

 Please bring a friend and join us as we enjoy light appetizers, lively
 conversations, prizes and brilliant minds. This is an inclusive,
 family-friendly event and people of all walks of life are invited.

 Admission is FREE!

 Upcoming Events:

 June 8th: "Building the first certified passive solar house in the
 Pioneer Valley" with Professor Alexi Arango

 "Kathy Aidala" <kaidala@mtholyoke.edu>