STEM Ed Announcement: Woolly Bully Field Science Intro.-August 20th

This is not a UMass program

 GET YOUR STUDENTS OUTSIDE COLLECTING VALUABLE DATA FOR A STUDY ABOUT A
 MASSACHUSETTS FOUNDATION TREE SPECIES

 A one-day intro. Session at an internationally renowned Ecological
 Research Center in Central Mass. is all you need to get started:

 REAL SCIENCE- aligned with Mass. Science Frameworks and NGSS-detailed
 links available on our website.

 REAL SCIENTISTS-led by professional Ecologist, Dr. David Orwig

 REAL ISSUES-The fate of  of the trees in Mass.-Hemlock trees which make
 up  of our current forests are under threat of an invasive insect.
 Students will observe hemlock trees in walking distance of their
 schools and record and submit data to Harvard Forest in an effort to
 track the spread or decline of this invasive insect, the Hemlock Woolly
 Adelgid and the resulting impact on our forest make-up.

 When:  Thurs. Aug. 20th  from 9am-3pm

 Where: Harvard Forest, Petersham Mass. (central Mass. off of rte. 2)

 Register: Flyer with more details and registration form are available
 on our website at:

 Schoolyard Eco Flyer and Registration
 http://harvardforest.fas.harvard.edu/sites/harvardforest.fas.harvard.edu/files/HF%20teacher%20registration-2015-3.pdf

 Contact Pamela Snow for more information:

 Pamela M. Snow

 Schoolyard Ecology Coordinator

 Harvard Forest

 324 N. Main St.