STEM Ed Announcement: Teachers on the Estuary

This is not a UMass program

 Hello, We had a last minute drop out due to a family emergency so we
 have an opening in our Teachers On The Estuary workshop this summer.
 Please contact Joan Muller immediately if you're interested in joining
 us. Dorm housing is available.

 Teachers on the Estuary

 Field and research-based professional development integrating

 STEM core ideas, practices, and activities

 Waquoit Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve

 Falmouth, Cape Cod, MA

 July 13-16 plus follow up session November, 2015

 Designed for middle and high school teachers

 Explore coastal habitats.

 Carry out field-based and hands-on activities.

 Bring local and national data into your classroom.

 Learn how to guide student investigations.

 Work with local scientists and experienced coastal educators.

 Workshop is free but space is limited.

 Lunch and snacks will be provided.

 Rustic lodging or camping is available.

 Teachers will be awarded equipment and $200 implementation mini grants.

 Three graduate credits available from Framingham College for $225

 or 67 PDPs (free).

 Application and course description are available at
 www.waquoitbayreserve.org

 For more TOTE programs across the country, check www.estuaries.noaa.gov

 Questions? Contact

 Joan Muller

 Education Coordinator

 Waquoit Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve

 131 Waquoit Hwy.

 Box 3092

 Waquoit, MA 02536

 508-457-0495 x107