STEM Ed Announcement: SCHOOLYARD ECOLOGY PROJECTS

This is not a UMass Amherst program

 GET YOUR STUDENTS OUTSIDE USING REAL SCIENTIFIC PRACTICES

  INTRO TO SCHOOLYARD ECOLOGY PROJECTS:

  A one-day  session at an internationally renowned Ecological
 Research Center in Central Mass. is all you need to get started!
 Choose one of our 3 projects:  "Woolly Bully; The Hemlock Woolly
 Adelgid"; "Buds, Leaves and Global Warming"; or "Our Changing
 Forests".

   REAL SCIENCE- aligned with Mass. Science Frameworks and NGSS-detailed
   links available on our website.

    REAL SCIENTISTS-led by professional Ecologists

   REAL ISSUES-  Climate Change, Invasive Species, Forest Dynamics,
 Human Land Use Legacies
   Students will make observations  according to a standard simple
 scientific protocol at field site  in walking distance  of their
 schools and record and submit data to Harvard Forest.

   When:  Thurs. Aug. 20th  from 9am-3pm

   Where: Harvard Forest, Petersham Mass. (central Mass. off of rte. 2)

   Register: Flyer with more details and registration form are available
   on our website at:

 http://harvardforest.fas.harvard.edu/sites/harvardforest.fas.harvard.edu/files/HF%20teacher%20registration-2015-3.pdf

   Contact Pamela Snow for more information:

   Pamela M. Snow

   Schoolyard Ecology Coordinator

   Harvard Forest

   324 N. Main St.