STEM Ed Announcement: Online AP Teachers Needed

This is not a UMass program
 Contact information is below.
 ==================================

 The Virtual High School (VHS, a non-profit organization offering online
 high school and middle school courses, is seeking online course
 instructors for our highest demand courses for the 2015-2016 academic
 year (September 2015 - May 2016).

 Teachers with whom we contract will be paid a stipend per semester,
 based on course enrollment. An online training program will be provided
 at no charge, for all selected applicants. Applicants are required to
 successfully complete the online training program prior to teaching for
 VHS.

 The ideal applicant for a VHS contracted teacher position has
 experience teaching one of the following courses, in a face-to-face
 and/or online setting:

 AP Physics 1
 AP Physics C
 AP Computer Science A
 AP Economics

 AP teachers must have taken a College Board AP Institute for his/her
 chosen subject area and have experience teaching at the AP level.

 VHS teachers are experienced teachers who are highly qualified and
 certified in their subject area. They are:

   Passionate about their subject area

   Certified in the discipline in which they teach

   Outstanding and experienced educators

   Self-starters who are motivated to participate in this program

   Are self disciplined

   Dedicated and student-centered

   Have excellent written communication skills.

 For more information on becoming a VHS teacher please contact Kim
 Spangenberg, Associate Dean of STEM, at kspangenberg@thevhs.org

 Position Type: Contract (flexible hours)
 Positions Available: 10
 Salary: $3,250 to $4,500 Per Semester