STEM Ed Announcement: MAST Conference Registration is Open

This is not a UMass Amherst program

 Conference Registration OPEN
 MAST Conference
 Enlightening Learners, Empowering Educators
 November 5 - 6 2015, Boxborough, MA

 MAST is pleased to open registration for our annual fall conference
 November 5 - 6 , 2015 at the Holiday Inn Boxborough, MA.

 Conference Theme:
 Enlightening Students, Empowering Teachers

 On 20 December 2013, the UN General Assembly 68th Session proclaimed
 2015 as theInternational Year of Light and Light-based Technologies
 (IYL 2015). In proclaiming an International Year focusing on the topic
 of light science and its applications, the UN has recognized the
 importance of raising global awareness about how light-based
 technologies promote sustainable development and provide solutions to
 global challenges in energy, education, agriculture and health. Light
 plays a vital role in our daily lives and is an imperative
 cross-cutting discipline of science in the 21st century.
 Conference Themes :

 Identifying innovative techniques that you are using to address the new
 standards

 Light in Nature
 Engaging diverse learners
 Preparing your students for an evolving job market
 Building Partnerships with informal education institutions
 Sustaining STEM through Career and Technical Education Programs
 Integrating technology into your classroom and lab

 Incorporating engineering into the science classroom

 Registration: http://maost.wildapricot.org/event-1853373/Registration