STEM Ed Announcement: Kids Say the Darndest Things

The UMass STEM Ed Institute Presents: Tuesday STEM Seminars

 Tuesday, Sept. 15. 4 PM

 Kids Say the Darndest Things: Conceptual Change Theory in Science Class

 During this interactive session, we will explore students' conceptions
 about natural phenomenon and why they believe such non-scientific
 ideas.  We will then discuss how such information from a conceptual
 change perspective can increase teacher effectiveness at fostering
 learning.  Participants are encouraged to share stories from the
 classroom that illustrate children's misconceptions and the range of
 ways that were used to addressed the challenge.

 STEM seminars are held at 4PM on the first and third Tuesdays of each
 month during the academic year in Hasbrouck 138. Everyone is welcome; no
 reservations are needed, and there is no charge.

 Parking is available in the Campus Center Garage.

 --
 Holly Hargraves
 Program Manager