PV STEMNet Announcement: Hurricane Katrina, Fungi and Feminism: One Womans Story

See more news and events at www.pvstem.net and
 on www.facebook.com/pvstemnet
 ======================================

 The Center of Excellence for Women in STEM at Bay Path University is
 proud to announce that Dr. Joan W. Bennett will provide a free lecture
 open to the public to launch our new Women in STEM Speaker Series. A
 member of the National Academy of Sciences and a strong proponent for
 advancing women in STEM fields, Prof. Bennett's talk is entitled
 "Hurricane Katrina, Fungi and Feminism: One Woman's Story".  Join us to
 hear Professor Bennett talk about her life journey, share her research,
 and tackle the questions that are still being asked in the scientific
 community and beyond: Why do men still dominate in leadership positions
 in the science and technology disciplines? Why cant we keep young women
 interested in STEM even from an early age? What does the current
 research tell us about the intersection of sex and science? And much
 more. Please join us on November 19th, 2015 at 4:30 pm in Mills Theatre
 on the Longmeadow Campus of Bay Path University. To register, visit
 www.baypath.edu or contact Ann Cantin at acantin@baypath.edu