STEM Ed Announcement: Apply to be an Ed Prep Reviewer

Dear Colleague,
 Next year, nearly 4,500 candidates will complete an educator preparation program and become employed in a Massachusetts public school.  Tens of thousands of students will depend daily on the knowledge and skills of the teachers and leaders prepared in these programs.
 ESE is preparing to select the cohort of reviewers that help determine the quality of these preparation programs and we need your help. ESE relies heavily on the skilled and committed professionals who are selected as reviewers to review, analyze, and evaluate evidence of educator preparation program effectiveness in the Commonwealth.
 Through your role as the leader of networks of stakeholders in education, we hope you can help us recruit:
 ·         Start spreading the word. We have provided a short blurb below and an attached flyer to ease communication with your network of educators. If you would, please CC me on any outgoing communication in order to help us track outreach.
 ·         Tell us if you have specific publications or events that could help spread the word about applying.

 ·         Nominate specific people through this online nomination form:
 http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/2410664/Ed-Prep-Reviewer-Nomination-2016-17
 ·         Applicants can apply online here:
 http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/2472115/Ed-Prep-Reviewer-Application-2016-17

 The Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (ESE) will accept applications for the 2016-2017 cohort of Ed Prep reviewers through 2/24/16.

 We are looking for teachers, administrators, district staff, professional support personnel and other engaged education professionals with experience in PK-12 education or educator preparation.
 If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
 Thank you.
 --Campbell McLean, on behalf of the Ed Prep Team
 Questions? Please contact edprep@doe.mass.edu.

 Ready-to-use email language:

 Dear _______,

 I received this opportunity and thought you may be interested. This is an important initiative in Massachusetts and Iâ??d encourage you to participate if you can.

 Apply to be an Ed Prep Reviewer!

 The Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (ESE) will accept applications for the 2016-2017 cohort of Ed Prep reviewers through 2/24/16. Reviewers are responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating evidence of educator preparation program effectiveness. Together with ESE, reviewers help to guarantee that educator preparation in MA results in effective educators ready to support the success of all students.

 Application deadline is Wednesday, February 24th, 2016
 Apply Online Here: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/2472115/Ed-Prep-Reviewer-Application-2016-17

 This is an exciting and selective opportunity to:
 -          Engage in a meaningful professional learning opportunity and earn PD points
 -          Sharpen your knowledge of educator preparation in Massachusetts
 -          Make recommendations to the Commissioner of Elementary and Secondary Education that help determine program approval
 -          Collaborate with diverse education leaders and professionals

 Get more information here: http://www.doe.mass.edu/edprep/reviewers/

 Questions? Please contact edprep@doe.mass.edu.