[Stemed-l] Fwd: Two Weeks left to Register for 2016 SET in the City on Saturday, April 2nd

From: "Brossman, Cynthia A" <cab@bu.edu>
Sent: March 16, 2016 10:09:17 AM EDT
Subject: Two Weeks left to Register for 2016 SET in the City on Saturday, April 2nd

Dear Colleague,

The eighth annual SET in the City - A Day of Career Exploration in Science, Engineering & Technology for High School Girls will take place on Saturday, April 2nd, 2016.  Students begin the day at Boston University, travel to area venues including Biogen, Emmanuel/Merck, Harvard, Northeastern or Tufts Medical School for lunch and laboratory activities, and end the day with a keynote and college student panel at Merck Research Laboratories. The program begins at 9:00 am and will conclude at 5:00 pm.

Participating students will take part in hands-on activities, hear from and interact with students and professionals in SET fields, learn about cutting edge research that will change the world, and find out how to prepare for careers in Science, Engineering, and Technology. The cost of attending is $20.00.  Interested students may pre-register for the event online at http://www.bostongirlsstem.org/setinthecity. Students who are eligible for the free lunch program at your school may attend for a reduced fee of $5.00.

This event is sponsored by the Boston Area Girls STEM Collaborative, which includes representatives from the following organizations and institutions: Boston University, Emmanuel College, Harvard University, M.I.T., Northeastern University, Simmons College, Tufts Medical School, UMass Boston, Wentworth Institute of Technology, and WGBH.

Because we are limited as to the number of students we can accommodate, we are not able to host large groups from any one school and do reserve the right to limit registration to ten students per school. We would appreciate it if you would post our flyers and bring the program to the attention of any students who would benefit from this unique opportunity to meet women studying or working in Science, Engineering and Technology and learn about careers in these fields.

regards,

cynthia