[Stemed-l] Fwd: Re: Fwd: Employment Opportunities

From: Jennifer Welborn <welbornj@arps.org>
Sent: March 24, 2016 6:18:30 AM EDT
To: Mort Sternheim <mort@umassk12.net>
Subject: Re: Fwd: Employment Opportunities

MATH/SCIENCE TEACHER - ANTICIPATED VACANCY
Amherst-Pelham Regional School District
Amherst, Massachusetts
Job Details
Job ID: 2474274Application Deadline: March 31, 2016

Job DescriptionThe Amherst Pelham Regional School District is currently seeking highly qualified candidates for the position of an anticipated Math/Science teacher vacancy at the Amherst Regional Middle School. Successful candidates will have working knowledge of the current Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks for Mathematics and Science and Technology/Engineering at the middle school level and demonstrated success working in a collaborative educational setting.

All candidates must hold current and valid MA ESE dual certification as both an Academic: Teacher, Middle School Mathematics, level 5-8 AND as an Academic: Teacher, General Science, level 5-8 or be eligible for a one year MA ESE license waiver for one or both.
Bilingual and bi-cultural applicants are preferred. Dual certification is required for this position.

Position Type: Full-time

Positions Available: 1

Equal Opportunity Employer
The Amherst Public, Amherst-Pelham Regional and Pelham Public School Districts prohibits discrimination against employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, genetic information and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual's income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment.
Job RequirementsINTERNAL APPLICANTS: The applicant should be aware that, if she/he is successful and is moving into another district, this transfer will result in the loss of professional teacher status and seniority for purposes of the Reduction in Staff provision of the collective bargaining agreement.

The Amherst Public, Amherst-Pelham Regional and Pelham Public School Districts prohibits discrimination against employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, genetic information and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual's income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment.
  • Bachelor degree preferred
  • Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required

  • Application Questions
    1.Our district is committed to "Becoming a Multicultural School System". We work to provide all students with an education that enables them to be contributing members of a multiethnic, multicultural society. We strive to ensure that our community of students, families and staff are learning, treated equitably, and share the job of creating a caring environment. Please describe any personal background, training, work or other experience that you feel demonstrates your ability to help us in achieving this goal.
    2.Our schools are committed to academic excellence for every student, every day! We strive to attain high levels of student achievement for all of our students and we work to insure the academic engagement and a sense of belonging of all students. Describe how you have fulfilled the obligation to attain high levels of achievement and specifically how you have planned for and fostered the academic engagement and a sense of belonging for every student, all students, every day.

    Contact InformationRachel Bowen, HR Assistant
    170 Chestnut Street
    Amherst, Massachusetts 01002
    Phone: 413-362-1810
    Fax: 413-549-9811