[Stemed-l] Energize your School Vacation and Catch Fox Fever: April News and Events

Ecotarium General Newsletter
ecotarium.org • 508-929-2700 science.nature.explore.connect
Be sure to check our online calendar throughout the year for upcoming events and programs. We look forward to seeing you here!
Give $15 for Foxes

Give $15 for Foxes

Our beloved red foxes, Socks and Roxy, need your help. Last year's harsh winter took a toll on their habitat resulting in the need to make immediate and unexpected repairs.

In order to maintain their home for years to come while we continue with their care and training, we're asking our members and friends to sjoin us in $15 for Foxes! Help us reach our goal of $15,000.

Donate online, in person at our Tickets and Information Desk, or call us at 508.929.2700.

Share your fox photos and stories with us on Facebook, and tag us at #15forFoxes @EcoTarium.

dotted line
Earth Week

Earth Week: Energy for You and Me
Tuesday - Friday, April 19 - 22

Energize your April vacation week! Explore the science of wind and figure out how to harness its power to generate energy. And, discover how the sun really can light up our lives. We'll also investigate wind and solar solutions as we work together to build a greener city, and then explore even more in our Electricity exhibit.

Free with museum admission.

dotted line
Earth Day Celebration

Earth Day Celebration
Friday, April 22

Don't miss Worcester's annual Earth Day Celebration with lots of indoor and outdoor Earth-friendly happenings, hands-on activities and entertainment. Local green organizations and food vendors will be onsite.

While you are here, be sure to explore the EcoTarium's beautiful trails, ponds, woods, and our expansive exhibit, Nature Explore,® which are all bursting with new life!

Earth Day Admission: $7.50 adults; $5 children ages 2-18, seniors and students with ID; free for EcoTarium members and children under 2. Since admission is half price, coupons and discounts do not apply on Earth Day. Regular fees apply for planetarium shows.

dotted line
A Night at the Museum

A Night at the Museum
Saturday, May 14, 2016

Tickets are on sale now for the fifth annual A Night at the Museum, just for adults! Get ready for an evening of fun when the museum comes to life at night! Cocktails and hors d'oeuvres, silent and live auctions, dinner, animal encounters, and more! Proceeds from the event to benefit the EcoTarium's mission to inspire a passion for science and nature and support innovative programs and exhibits.

New This Year! The Patron Party

You won't want to miss the A Night at the Museum Patron Party, an exclusive opportunity for VIP ticket holders on April 26. This cocktail party is hosted by the Eppinger Family in their gorgeous historical home. Enjoy entertainment, get a sneak preview of the A Night at the Museum auction items, and share your support of the EcoTarium's mission with our closest friends!

dotted line
Electricity

Electricity

Don't miss this classic exhibit that brings the science and the history of electricity to life through interactive activities before it leaves the EcoTarium after May 1!

It's Electric! Saturdays During this special weekly Science Discovery program, held each Saturday at 2:30 p.m., get an in-depth look at how currents flow through circuits, investigate static electricity, or explore examples of electricity in the natural world.

This exhibit is sponsored locally by Coghlin Electrical Contractors, Inc.

dotted line
Asteroid: Mission Extreme

ASTEROID: MISSION EXTREME

Now Playing!
Discover the potential that asteroids present to facilitate manned space travel. Through stunning visuals and state-of-the-art computer graphics, this film presents the fascinating idea, based on real science, that asteroids could be used as stepping stones to other worlds. This 25-minute film is narrated by Sigourney Weaver and co-produced by National Geographic Studios and Sky-Skan.

Tickets to shows in the Alden Digital Planetarium: A National Geographic Theater are $5 each (plus museum admission); $4 for EcoTarium members.

dotted line
Ecotarium
Ecotarium EmailFacebookPinterest

What's New at
the EcoTarium

Facility Rentals
Looking for a unique location for your next function or event?

Your guests will enjoy our fun atmosphere, complete with hands-on science exhibits and resident wildlife, ideal for company outings, outdoor barbeques, holiday parties, cocktail parties, business meetings, corporate retreats and more. We offer ample parking and are just a short drive from Worcester's Union Station, Interstate 290, and Route 9.

The EcoTarium won the Worcester Business Journal's 2016 "Best of Business" award for Best Venue For An Employee Outing!

Book your event now!

EcoTarium Member News
EcoTarium members receive reciprocal admission at over 350 participating ASTC science museums across the country (and internationally). And if your membership is at the Adventurer level or above, you also receive discounted admission at 200 ACM children's museums. Plus, enjoy savings on Planetarium tickets, birthday parties, 10% off purchases in the Museum Shop, and more!

Not a Member? Join today and enjoy benefits!

No Pets, Please
The EcoTarium has many animals on exhibit and also living on the museum grounds. For their safety, the USDA prohibits domestic animals anywhere on our property, including those left in vehicles (with the exception of service animals).

Ecotarium

Quick Links
Plan Your Visit
Membership
Events Calendar
Children′s Birthday Parties
Alden Digital Planetarium
School and Scout Groups
Support the EcoTarium
Volunteer

Where will you WOO?
EcoTarium, 222 Harrington Way, Worcester, MA 01604
Sent by info@ecotarium.org in collaboration with
Constant Contact