[Stemed-l] Apply now for summer Teachers on the Estuary program on Cape Cod

Get a head start on the MA STE standards using authentic, local research with your students.

Apply to attend our four day Teachers on the Estuary: Investigating a Changing Environment course this summer (with follow up session in November). This project is grant-funded so we are able to offer $200 stewardship project implementation mini grants, equipment and supplies, free housing and lunches. PDPs are free or 3 graduate credits are available for  $225 through Framingham University.

Teachers on the Estuary

Explore coastal habitats and conduct field studies

            Interact with local scientists and experienced coastal educators

            Bring local and national data into your classroom

Connect to MA STE and Next Generation Science Standards

Learn how to guide student investigations

To apply, fill out the attached application and have an administrator fill out the form to support implementation in your class this coming school year. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Sponsored by

This work is sponsored by the National Estuarine Research Reserve System Science Collaborative, which supports collaborative research that addresses coastal management problems. The Science Collaborative is funded by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and managed by the University of Michigan Water Center.

Joan Muller

Education Coordinator

Waquoit Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve

131 Waquoit Hwy.

Box 3092

Waquoit, MA 02536

508-457-0495 x107