[Stemed-l] Fwd: FW: AP Teachers Needed

The Virtual High School (VHS, a non-profit organization offering online high school and middle school courses, is seeking online course instructors for our highest demand courses for the 2016-2017 academic year (September 2016 - May 2017).

Teachers with whom we contract will be paid a stipend per semester, based on course enrollment. An online training program will be provided at no charge, for all selected applicants. Applicants are required to successfully complete the online training program prior to teaching for VHS.

The ideal applicant for a VHS contracted teacher position has experience teaching one of the following courses, in a face-to-face and/or online setting:

AP Calc AB

AP Calc BC

AP Chemistry

AP Computer Science A

AP Economics

AP Environmental Science

AP Physics 1
AP Physics C
AP Statistics

AP teachers must have taken a College Board AP Institute for his/her chosen subject area and have experience teaching at the AP level.

VHS teachers are experienced teachers who are highly qualified and certified in their subject area. They are:

·  Passionate about their subject area

·  Certified in the discipline in which they teach

·  Outstanding and experienced educators

·  Self-starters who are motivated to participate in this program

·  Are self-disciplined

·  Dedicated and student-centered

·  Have excellent written communication skills.

For more information on becoming a VHS teacher, please contact Kim Spangenberg, Associate Dean of STEM, at kspangenberg@thevhs.org

Kim Spangenberg

Associate Dean of STEM

The Virtual High School