[Stemed-l] Free sust. ag workshop for H.S. teachers

From: Deborah Habib <deb@seedsofsolidarity.org>
Sent: June 8, 2016 2:46:47 PM EDT
To: mort@umassk12.net
Subject: Free sust. ag workshop for H.S. teachers

Developing Curriculum in Sustainable Food Production

Professional Development Workshop for High School Teachers
Facilitated by Deb Habib of Seeds of Solidarity
9 am to 3 pm on Wednesday 7/27 & 8/3; 9 am to 12 pm on Wednesday 8/17
at Greenfield Community College

Bring principles of sustainable agriculture into your teaching.

• Develop new or revise existing curricula and projects.
• Put ideas into practice in GCC’s gardens and greenhouse.
• Come alone or bring a team!
• This workshop is free and offers a $50 dollar stipend.
• Workshop completion earns 15 PDP’s.
• Participants must attend all sessions.

This training is being offered free of charge with funding from a USDA Secondary Education, Two-Year Post-Secondary and Agriculture in the K-12 classroom Challenge Grant.

For more information:

Amy-Louise Pfeffer
Farm and Food Systems Coordinator
Greenfield Community College
1 College Drive
Greenfield, MA  01301
(413) 775-1489
Hours: M, T, W roughly 7:45 to 2:00. Please be assured that I will respond promptly upon return to campus.
PfefferA@gcc.mass.edu
http://www.gcc.mass.edu/sustainability/sage/
http://www.gcc.mass.edu/internships