[Stemed-l] Fwd: Less Than Two Weeks Until Writing Camp

From: "Afua Maiga-Laast, Wheelock College" <AMaiga-Laast@wheelock.edu>
Sent: July 21, 2016 3:51:04 PM EDT
To: mort@umassk12.net
Subject: Less Than Two Weeks Until Writing Camp

Which Week is Best For Your Camper?

WriteNow@Wheelock Summer Camp Begins in Less Than Two Weeks

This creative writing camp for rising 8th-11th graders begins August 1st! Parents have the option of sending students to one or two weeks of camp!
Which week is best for your camper?
Week 1 - August 1-5, 2016

Topic: Writing as an individual

Focus Areas

  • diaries and documentation
  • six-word memoirs
  • non-fiction and the graphic novel
  • ekphrasis (writing about art)
  • haiku and sonnets
  • plot structure
Week 2 - August 8-12, 2016

Topic: Writing as part of a community

Focus Areas

  • literary citizenship
  • digital literacy
  • playwriting
  • collaborative storytelling
See more of the schedule, meet the instructors, and learn more on our website.
Campers should be entering 8th, 9th, 10th or 11th grade in Fall 2016.
REGISTER TODAY!
If you have already registered, thank you! Please consider forwarding this message to others you think might be interested.