[Stemed-l] AAPT NE, NJ, NY Tri-Regional Meeting at Wesleyan University

Regional Meeting
New England, NY and NJ Sections
American Association of Physics Teachers
October 21-23, 2016
Wesleyan University
Middletown CT

Theme: How Physics Teaching Has Changed Since 1950: 66 years after the
landmark
AAPT National Meeting at Wesleyan University

In 1950, the first AAPT National Meeting was held at Wesleyan
University in Middletown, CT. Travel down Rt. 66 and meet us on
October 21-23, 2016 for the Regional meeting of the New England, New
York and New Jersey Sections of AAPT.

We will look at how we taught Physics, how we teach Physics now, and
where we are headed in the future. We invite you to contribute talks,
workshops and postersrelated to secondary- and college-level Physics
pedagogy:

                The History of Physics Education
                Teaching Methods: Studio, Flipping, Team-based Learning,
Guided and Open
Inquiry, Problem-based Learning, Project-based Learning, Modeling
                      Physics, Blended/Online courses, the new AP
Physics,
etc.
How does conceptual understanding inform mathematical rigor?
                Experiments in Progress: What new approaches are you
trying
in your classes?
What are your preliminary results?
                Assessment: How do we know our teaching is effective?
What
are the best
assessment tools? Does it all fit with NGSS?

Please submit your abstracts on-line at (cut and paste the following
link)
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1fg4jmkpJxmZ9cVpRrwEF6VW0RCI3F
yQksENZVQzcrp8/vie
wform

Workshops already tentatively scheduled include: Arduino (3-hour), Optics
(1.5-hour), PTRA Workshop (3-hour) â??Activities from The Perimeter
Institute
-
including GPS, Planckâ??s Constant and othersâ??

A pdf of this announcement is attached. Further details and registration
will
follow when available.

--
Mort Sternheim
NOTE PREFERRED EMAIL: mmsternheim@gmail.com
Regional Meeting
New England, NY and NJ Sections
American Association of Physics Teachers
October 21-23, 2016
Wesleyan University
Middletown CT

Theme: How Physics Teaching Has Changed Since 1950: 66 years after the landmark
AAPT National Meeting at Wesleyan University

In 1950, the first AAPT National Meeting was held at Wesleyan University in
Middletown, CT. Travel down Rt. 66 and meet us on October 21-23, 2016 for the
Regional meeting of the New England, New York and New Jersey Sections of AAPT.

We will look at how we taught Physics, how we teach Physics now, and where weâ??re