[Stemed-l] Course offering: THEORY of LEARNING and TEACHING in STEM EDUCATION

Course offering: THEORY of LEARNING and TEACHING in STEM EDUCATION

EDUC 667, Fall 2016

This course focuses on learning and teaching processes in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) classes and learning processes within STEM students. We will consider topics such as nature of reasoning, scientific inquiry and engineering design, cooperative and project-based learning and methods and how they are based on constructivist learning and developmental theories. We will also address affective and motivational aspects of teaching and learning; and conceptual change/development theories and teaching approaches.

For more information, contact Jeanne Brunner at jbrunner@umass.edu.