[Stemed-l] Fwd: "Talking Truth: Finding Your Voice Around the Climate Crisis"

From: Madeleine Charney <mcharney@library.umass.edu>
Sent: September 16, 2016 4:56:26 PM EDT
To: Neclimate <neclimate@geo.umass.edu>
Subject: "Talking Truth: Finding Your Voice Around the Climate Crisis"

The Talking Truth series is continuing this year at the Du Bois Library.

The fall lineup is pasted below and in the attached poster.

Feel free to pass the invitation along to others and post the poster in
your department.

You can also find out more here:
Blog: blogs.umass.edu/talkingtruth
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TalkingTruthUMass/

Talking Truth: Finding Your Voice Around the Climate Crisis
Fall 2016 SERIES

All events are free and open to the UMass community and the public

Limited seating – please arrive early

Every Monday 3:00-3:45pm (starting 9/12)
Holding Earth: Mindful Climate Action
Room 1638, Du Bois Library
Weekly 30-minute mindfulness practice. Followed by sharing of resources,
action-based opportunities, and ideas.

Wednesday 9/21, 12:30-2:00pm
A Conversation about Climate Change
Floor 26, Du Bois Library
Thought provoking prompts will guide a climate-related conversation.
Includes time for sharing resources, action-based opportunities, and
ideas.

Thursday 9/29 7:00
Author reading and discussion
Floor 26, Du Bois Library
What We’re Fighting For Now Is Each Other: Dispatches from the Front
Lines of Climate Justice. Author and activist Wen Stephenson offers an
up-close look at individuals who are laying everything on the line to
build and inspire the climate justice movement. Free book to the first
40 people to arrive!

Thursday 10/20 7:00
Film screening and discussion
Floor 26, Du Bois Library
How to Let Go of the World and Love All the Things Climate Can’t Change
Directed by Josh Fox
A funny, tragic, inspiring documentary that introduces a host of climate
change “warriors” while examining the intricately woven forces that
threaten the stability of our planet.

Friday 11/4 12:30-2:00
Experiential workshop
Including mindfulness exercises, storytelling, and reflective writing.
Floor 26, Du Bois Library

Talking Truth is co-sponsored by: Office of Civic Engagement and
Service-Learning, UMass Amherst Libraries, Department of Environmental
Conservation, and Psychology of Peace and Violence Program

Talking Truth is endorsed by: UMass Climateers, Eco-Rep Program,
Biostead Initiative, Contemplative Pedagogy Working Group, and Office of
Religious and Spiritual Life