[Stemed-l] : Upcoming BioTeach Workshops - October

I am reaching out to you to try to get the word out further on our
upcoming workshops. We have three coming up in October and I have
listed them below, as well as added the links for registration online.
Any person, school, or contact that you can share this information
with will be extremely helpful to the BioTeach team. We have great
workshops, we just need to get our word to reach a bit further.

General workshop page: https://www.massbioed.org/events?category=1

Cambridge
October 11th: Learning by Doing: Explore photosynthesis, respiration
and enzymes. Do you want fun labs to investigate photosynthesis,
respiration and enzymes? Learn how to make algae and yeast balls
(sodium alginate encapsulated algae and yeast) to use as a model
system to study photosynthesis, respiration and enzymology.
https://www.massbioed.org/events/257-learning-by-doing-explore-photosynthesis-respiration-and-enzymes-cambridge

Cambridge
October 12th:  Learning by Doing: Agarose gel electrophoresis.
Participants will perform three different gel electrophoresis
activities: electrophoresis of dyes; restriction enzyme analysis and
gel electrophoresis of lambda DNA; and a lab that simulates the
identification of individuals based upon the D1S80
VNTR<https://www.nlm.nih.gov/visibleproofs/education/dna/vntr.pdf>
(variable number tandem repeat) locus.
https://www.massbioed.org/events/259-learning-by-doing-agarose-gel-electrophoresis-cambridge

UMass Amherst
October 21st: Learning by Doing: Explore photosynthesis, respiration
and enzymes. Do you want fun labs to investigate photosynthesis,
respiration and enzymes? Learn how to make algae and yeast balls
(sodium alginate encapsulated algae and yeast) to use as a model
system to study photosynthesis, respiration and enzymology.
https://www.massbioed.org/events/269-learning-by-doing-explore-photosynthesis-respiration-and-enzymes-umass-amherst

Thank you so much in advance for anything you can do. I hope you have
a wonderful week!

[https://images.massbio.org/PA-Summit-Signature-Square-7831.gif]<https://www.massbio.org/events/patient-advocacy-summit-2016-sharing-our-stories-building-a-patient-centered-ecosystem-1462?utm_campaign=patient-advocacy-summit&utm_medium=email&utm_source=email-signature&utm_content=&utm_term=>

Amanda Hayden
BioTeach Program Coordinator
[logo]
300 Technology Square, Eighth Floor
Cambridge, MA 02139
P: (617) 674-5134
[https://images.massbio.org/Facebook-Icon.gif]<http://www.facebook.com/massbioed>[https://images.massbio.org/Twitter-Icon.gif]<http://twitter.com/MassBioEd>
This transmission is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named
herein and may
contain information that is proprietary, confidential and/or legally
privileged.
any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including
any reliance thereon)
is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error,
please immediately contact
the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in
electronic or hard copy format.

Good afternoon Mort and Holly,

[...]

October 12th:  Learning by Doing: Agarose gel electrophoresis.  Participants will perform three different gel electrophoresis activities: electrophoresis of dyes; restriction enzyme analysis and gel electrophoresis of lambda DNA; and a lab that simulates the identification of individuals based upon the D1S80 VNTR (variable number tandem repeat) locus.

https://www.massbioed.org/events/259-learning-by-doing-agarose-gel-electrophoresis-cambridge

UMass Amherst

October 21st: Learning by Doing: Explore photosynthesis, respiration and enzymes. Do you want fun labs to investigate photosynthesis, respiration and enzymes? Learn how to make algae and yeast balls (sodium alginate encapsulated algae and yeast) to use as a model system to study photosynthesis, respiration and enzymology.

https://images.massbio.org/Facebook-Icon.gifhttps://images.massbio.org/Twitter-Icon.gif

This transmission is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may
contain information that is proprietary, confidential and/or legally privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,