[Stemed-l] Fwd: 2016 MAST Conference Update

From: Massachusetts Association of Science Teachers <MAOST@wildapricot.org>
Sent: September 28, 2016 12:30:41 PM EDT
To: Mort Sternheim <mort@umassk12.net>
Subject: 2016 MAST Conference Update

GREETINGS!

  2016 MAST Conference Update

The 2016 MAST Annual Conference Schedule is now available!

This year, we are excited to debut an online scheduling platform, in addition to our traditional Pre-Conference Preview and onsite printed Conference Programs. To access the online schedule of sessions, visit https://mast2016conferenc.sched.org/ or the Conference section of the MAST website at www.MassScienceTeach.org.

All session descriptions are posted, including a special Keynote, book-signing and workshop with esteemed K-8 science educator Page Keeley, author of the FACTs and Uncovering Student Ideas in Science series. Books will be available at the conference for purchase by cash or check payable to MAST.

Registration for the 2016 Annual Conference is open for 1 or 2 day attendance. To ensure that you get the member rate, log into www.MassScienceTeach.org with your email and password.

Finally, it is our pleasure to honor science educators in Massachusetts with Awards recognizing exemplary teaching and contributions to science educations. Please consider nominating a colleague, or submitting a self-nomination for one or more of the Awards here. If you are unsure if a nominee is a MAST member (for County/State nominations), submit the nomination and we will check our database. The deadline for nominations is September 30th. All MAST award winners, as well as MA Presidential Award Finalists, the Massachusetts recipient of the National Association of Biology Teachers Award, and the Hall of Fame Inductees will be honored at our banquet on Thursday, November 3rd at 6pm. Register here to attend the banquet.

Tweet @MAscienceTEACH using #MAST16 to share what sessions you're most excited to attend at this year's conference!

Please direct any conference related questions to Conference Co-Chairs Meaghan Cells (presidentelect@MassScienceTeach.org) or Evan Pagliuca (vicepresident@MassScienceTeach.org)

  Sincerely,
Meaghan Cells & Evan Pagliuca