You're invited to Teslamania 2016 βΆ Physics... (Oct 15, 2016)

Hello,
You are invited to the following event:

Teslamania 2016 • Physics Demonstration/Sharing/Learning Fair
divider

Event to be held at the following time, date, and location:

Saturday, October 15, 2016 from 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM (EDT)

Room 039 Life Sciences Building Stony Brook University
100 Nicolls Road, Stony Brook, NY 11790
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794

Share this event:

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
divider

Teslamania Demo-Derby 2016
Physics Education Innovation Fair

at Stony Brook University

Lunch Included

 www.TeslamaniaCompetition.org

What is it?

Teslamania 2016 is a show of physics teachers' ideas, inventions and activities aimed at improving physics education, making physics interesting for students, and giving both new and experienced teachers ways to improve their craft.  Check out some highlights from past years:

The Incredible Inertial Egg

Projectile Droplets

Inertia Demos

Refraction Shot Glass

Circular Motion Demos

 How does it work?

We need you!  We need you to share your best ideas and practices at Teslamania.  In turn we hope you will take some new and innovative ideas from other teachers back to your classroom.

Who can participate?

Teachers specializing in the teaching of introductory physics/physical science courses at the Secondary, College, and University levels are invited to participate.

We welcome students!  Students of all kinds are encouraged to attend or present.

Space is limited and registration ends when all tickets are gone or October 10th 2016 - whichever occurs first.

How do I participate?

You register as a Demonstrator and give a 15 minute presentation.  Your presentation may be a completely new idea or a new wrinkle on a classic.  The best presentation, as determined by the audience, wins the 2016 Omega- title

Past Omega- Winners

2008 -  Sean McCorkle - "Antique Van de Graff"

2009 -  Tom Tomazsewski - "Light My Fire"

2010 - Kilian Cardo - "Tesla Coil!"

2011 - Gillian Winters - "Seeing is Believing"

2012 - Pavithra Sundar - "Projectile Droplets"

2013 - Greg Guido & Karyn Libretto - "Sound Demonstrations"

2014 - Rich Slesinski - "Kumar's Bed of Nails"

2015 - Terese Keogh - "Disappearing Paper"

or...

You register as a Spectator and

  • Learn new "tricks of the trade."
  • Network with local area physics teachers.
  • Bring your "mystery" lab equipment to our "What is it?" session and learn what it does.
  • Earn 6 hours of professional development credit.
  • Enjoy the show!
We hope to see YOU at Teslamania!

Share this event on Facebook and Twitter

We hope you can make it!

Cheers,
Tesla Science Center at Wardenclyffe & New York State Master Teacher Program - Stony Brook University
eventbrite