[Stemed-l] Girls STEM Summit

From: Phyllis Russell <phyllis@juniortech.org>
Sent: October 12, 2016 4:42:23 PM EDT
To: Mort <mort@umassk12.net>
Subject: JrTech - please distribute

Girls STEM Summit-Statewide 2017
Girls are craving more connection with STEM minded peers and seeking knowledge about STEM career paths. Jr.Tech developed the one-day Girls STEM Summit model to address this need. The premier statewide STEM event called Girls STEM Summit–Statewide (GSS–S) attracts over 250 girls from across Massachusetts.

What is Girls STEM Summit?
  • A full day STEM Summit for 8th – 12th grade girls
  • For girls interested in pursuing STEM career paths
  • Features female STEM professionals and educators
  • Highlights emerging and existing STEM careers
  • Explores post secondary STEM education and High School requirements

What Happens at Girls STEM Summit?
Girls will:
  • Meet female STEM experts
  • Attend hands-on and stimulating career track breakout sessions
  • Interact with other girls with similar interests
  • Hear an inspirational keynote speech by a woman leader in a STEM field
  • Be exposed to STEM industries and career options

When:
Sunday, April 2, 2017
7:45am - 4:15pm
Location: Regis College, Weston, MA
Individual Enrollment fee: $60 includes lunch and giveaway
School groups are invited to buy a block of seats.
Enroll or go to: http://www.juniortech.org