From: "DeMallie, Anne" <ademallie@doe.mass.edu>
Sent: November 14, 2016 3:28:39 PM EST
To: "MSTE Coordinators (DOE)" <mste-coordinators@list1.doe.mass.edu>
Subject: STEM Grant Opportunity

Please share with your colleagues!

Grant Opportunity from the Mass STEM Hub to increase access to high-quality STEM programming for students and improve student results. Grants will support adoption and expansion of Project Lead the Way (PLTW) programs beginning in the 2017-18 school year.

The grants are intended to help provide funds to start new or expand/improve existing PLTW Engineering, Biomedical and Computer Science (9-12), PLTW Gateway (6-8), or PLTW Launch (K-5) programming at your school(s) for the 2017-18 school year. Grant awards of up to $50,000 are available. You can view Part One of the grant application at: https://www.pltw.org/experience-pltw/funding-and-grant-opportunities.

You are invited to attend a regional information session to learn more about PLTW and this grant opportunity.

WHEN & WHERE:

Session #1: Monday, Nov. 14, 2016: 7:30am- 9am at Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI)  (100 Institution Rd, Worcester, MA -Campus Center's Hagglund Room) https://www.wpi.edu/coming-to-campus#directions

Session #2: Wednesday, Nov. 16, 2016: 3pm-4:30pm at Plymouth North High School (Plymouth North High School at 41 Obery Street in Plymouth)

Session #3: Tuesday, Nov. 22, 2016: 8am-9:30 am at Lowell High School (Lowell HS Little Theatre, 50 Fr. Morissette Boulevard, Lowell, MA, parking across the street in the Ayotte Garage)

Webinar: Tuesday, Nov. 15, 2016 at 10 am.        https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/7549162552355120386

RSVP DETAILS:  RSVP Here

SCHEDULE:

·         PLTW overview

·         Grant and application overview with Mass STEM Hub

·         Q and A

PLTW is grateful for our partnership with Mass STEM Hub, which aims to expand high quality STEM applied learning programs to hundreds of schools in Massachusetts, offering students and teachers a transformative learning experience.

We look forward to the opportunity to share this exciting initiative with you and your colleagues. Feel free to reach out to me if you have questions. My contact information is included below. If you cannot attend a session but have specific questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Mary Laturnau

Director of School Engagement, East Region

Project Lead The Way

mobile: 603-479-1664

@PLTWorg, @PLTW_New England
www.pltw.org