[Stemed-l] Fwd: Funding Opportunity and January Workshops

From: Amanda Hayden <Amanda.Hayden@massbio.org>
Sent: December 22, 2016 8:42:58 AM EST
Subject: Funding Opportunity and January Workshops

Good morning!

We have two workshops coming up quickly in January. By participating in either of these workshops, you could revitalize your science curriculum. What better way to start off 2017?

If you would like to move gel electrophoresis, PCR, or transformation into your classroom but... you don’t have the equipment to do so, you should consider applying to our SPOT grant program. Coming to one of these workshops is an important first step in receiving a SPOT grant from MassBioEd. Learn more by reading here: https://www.massbioed.org/events/280-bioteach-spot-grant-program-2016-2017

Cambridge

Jan 18th: Basic Biotechnology Skills and Equipment for your Classroom. Practice micro-measurements, solution making, agarose gel electrophoresis of DNA, and sterile techniques. Complete a lab that stimulates the identification of individuals based upon the D1S80 VNTR (variable number tandem repeats) locus.

Register here: https://www.massbioed.org/events/263-basic-biotechnology-skills-and-equipment-for-your-classroom-cambridge

Cambridge

Jan 19th:  Learning By Doing: Plasmid Mapping, Bacterial Transformation, and Easy PCR.  Participants will perform two labs: Plasmid mapping using restriction enzyme analysis and gel electrophoresis and identification of antibiotic resistant bacteria using PCR. In addition, participants will perform a transformation and explore several different transformation options.

Register here: https://www.massbioed.org/events/264-learning-by-doing-plasmid-mapping-bacterial-transformation-and-easy-pcr-cambridge

Have a wonderful holiday break!

https://images.massbio.org/MassBioEd-icon-A5D5.gif

Amanda Hayden
BioTeach Program Coordinator
Massachusetts Biotechnology Education Foundation
300 Technology Square, Eighth Floor
Cambridge, MA 02139
P: (617) 674-5134

https://images.massbio.org/Facebook-Icon.gifhttps://images.massbio.org/Twitter-Icon.gif

This transmission is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may
contain information that is proprietary, confidential and/or legally privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon)
is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact
the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format.